You are on page 1of 7

Date: Wednesday, November 3rd, 2010

Time: 9:00 C 15:00


Place: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Participants:
Country,
Name
Patrick
e-mail
BE,
Rudolf
patrick.dellaert@eandis.be
CH,
Nikolaus
Rudolf.Baumann@swissgrid.ch
Stefan
nikolaus.pleister@bdew.de
Vlatka
stefan.seidel@eon-energie.com
DE,
Christian
Vlatka.Cordes@rwe.com
DK,
Kees
cco@energinet.dk
Marc
kees.sparreboom@capgemini.com
Gerrit
Marc.de.Zwaan@tennet.eu
EDSN,
Maurice
gerrit.fokkema@edsn.nl
NL,
Ove
Maurice.Adriaensen@kema.com
NO,
Oscar
Ove.nesvik@edisys.no
SE,
Oscar.Ludwigs@svk.se
UMIX
swissgrid
BDEW
E.ON
RWE
Energinet.dk
CapGemini
TenneT
KEMA
Nesvik
EdiSys
SvK
Sparreboom
de
NLFokkema
Ludwigs
Baumann
Seidel
Cordes
Dellaert
Zwaan
Adriaensen
Company
Pleister
Odgaard
Enclosure:
Summary of decisions and action items, see Appendix A
ebIX? members and observers, see Appendix B
ETC: Status
CuS: Status
see item 5)
EMD: Status
Roadmap for
see 9)

and work plan (Lucy), see item 4)


and work plan, including ebIX? and Eurelectric liaison group (Eva),
and work plan (Vlatka), see item 6)
finalisation of the current and future work (Eva, Lucy and Vlatka),

Account and budget (Marc), see item 12)

1) Opening of 16th ebIX? forum meeting and if needed a brief introduction of par
ticipants
Marc welcomed the ebIX? forum members and observers to the 16th ebIX? forum meet
ing.
2) Approval of agenda
The agenda was approved with a change in the sequence of items, i.e. Item 7) was
taken before item 4).
3) Approval of minutes from the 15th ebIX? forum meeting
The minutes of the 15th ebIX? forum meeting were approved.
The action items from previous meeting were reviewed and a status was given wher
e relevant:
Action item I:
* Everybody having articles at the English Wikipedia is asked to make a link to
the ebIX? article.
Status:
This was a reminder after previous meeting and the item was clos
ed, see also item 15).
Action item II:
* Lucy will keep the ebIX? forum informed about the progress of making a XML tra
nsformation tool.
Status:
The item was closed, see also item 4).
Action item III:
* Eva will contact Eurelectric, trying to start up a cooperation with Eurelectri
c again
Status:
The item was closed, see also item 5).
Action item IV:
* Vlatka and Kees will continue the work related to a MoU with ENTSO-E.
Status:
See item 10).
Action item V:
* ETC will publish the ebIX? models as soon as possible.
Status:
The item was closed, see also item 4).
4) ETC: Status and work plan (Lucy)
Kees presented the ETC status and work plan, which was approved. The presentatio

n is attached.
Kees proposes to make the xml transformation tool available to ebIX? Forum membe
rs and observers, and in principle to all, through the ebIX? web site. He also n
oted that it will be made available as is, without any guarantees. The proposal was
approved by ebIX? Forum.
ETC proposed the following changes to the current ebIX? approval procedures, whi
ch were approved by ebIX? Forum:
* ETC proposes to keep the current approval procedure for Business requirements,
but with addition of a formal proof reading within the WGs
* ETC adopts the same proof reading for Business Information Models (BIM) and Co
re Components (CC)
* ETC proposes to simplify the approval procedure for BIMs, annexes and CCs, sin
ce these are technical specifications of the Business requirements, i.e. approva
l by ETC only
* For other documents the current procedure remains unchanged
Decisions:
* The ebIX? xml transformation tools will be made available for ebIX? members an
d observers within a few weeks.
* New approval procedures proposed from ETC related to technical documents (BIMs
, CCs etc.) were approved.
5) CuS: Status and work plan, including ebIX? and Eurelectric liaison group (Eva
)
Gerrit presented the CuS status and work plan, which was approved. The presentat
ion is attached.
Patrick raised the question on how the Smart metering will influence the ebIX? w
ork. There are a lot of ideas for new changes to the current used processes, but
none had proposal for how ebIX? should address this. Patrick also asked if this
could be added as a possible work item, if the cooperation with Eurelectric is
reopened.
The Action item from previous meeting, where Eva will contact Eurelectric, tryin
g to start up the cooperation with Eurelectric again was discussed. Eva has cont
acted Eurelectric with the intention of restarting the cooperation. However she
received a mail stating; We have not carried out any further work on a generic swi
tching model since our last cooperation initiative in 2008. Furthermore, we are
not planning to re-visit the switching model process in our Work Programme for t
he rest of 2010. A proposal from CuS is to contact Eurelectric again next year and
Marc volunteered making this contact.
Vlatka mentioned that Eurelectric also might be interested in change of supplier
processes related to changes to supplier of last resort.
Action item I:
* Marc will contact Eurelectric and propose to reopen the cooperation, especiall
y related to data communication for Smart metering and related changes to the Ha
rmonised role model.
6) EMD: Status and work plan (Vlatka)
Vlatka presented the EMD status and work plan, which were approved. The EMD work
plan is included in the attached document related to item 9).

7) ebIX? Vendor group: Status and work plan (Maurice)


Maurice gave a short introduction to the work of the Vendor group. The Vendor gr
oup is a place where vendors that are interested in the ebIX? work can meet and
exchange experiences. At the latest ebIX? forum meeting three companies were ele
cted to represent the vendors in the ebIX? WGs. The three companies are Kisters
(representing EDNA), SAP and AMT-Sybex.
The Vendor group meeting planned for November 2nd was cancelled due to lack of p
articipation and the main purpose of this item was to have a discussion/decision
related to what to do with the Vendor Group in the future:
It was noted that not all vendors participate in the ebIX? WGs on behalf of other ve
ndors. ebIX? expects that the vendors participating in the ebIX? WGs inform the
rest of the vendors of what is going on within ebIX?. In addition it is expected
information from the vendors to the ebIX? WGs.
Kees mentioned that ebIX? currently are finalising the work with new UMM2 models
and that ebIX? xml schemas soon will be published, which probably will increase
the interest from the vendors.
Rudolf asked for how to contact and inform new vendors in the Vendor group. Maur
ice answered that he believes this is working fine today, since he had got sever
al mails with information of new companies entering the market and that these wi
ll be added to the member list and receive information. Everybody is asked to in
form Maurice of new vendors entering the market.
Rudolf proposed making a small questionnaire asking the vendors for their expect
ations and coming up with proposals for increasing the interest in the Vendor gr
oup, which was agreed by the ebIX? Forum.
Maurice also promised to inform the vendors participating in the ebIX? WGs about
the ebIX? expectations and ask the vendors what to do to increase the interest
in the ebIX? work.
Action item II:
* Maurice will send a small questionnaire to the vendors asking for their expect
ations and asking them to come up with proposals for increasing the interest in
the Vendor group.
* Everybody is asked to inform Maurice of new vendors entering the market.
* The convenors of the ebIX? is asked to ask the vendors participation in the WG
s for general information from the market and not only for information from thei
r own company.
8) ebIX?, ETSO and EFET Harmonisation Group: Status and work plan (Lucy/Vlatka)
There has been one meeting in the ebIX?, EFET and ENTSO-E Harmonisation Group (H
G), June 29th and 30th. The main issue has been an updated of the Role model.
Lucy, Vlatka, Kees and Ove will be the ebIX? participants in the group. The ebIX
? members will try to get a new meeting early next year.
9) Roadmap for finalisation of the current and future work (Eva, Lucy and Vlatka
)
Vlatka showed the ebIX? work plan, see attached document. There are several new
projects proposed from the ebIX? WGs and Marc stressed that the ebIX? convenors
should make a prioritised list of the projects, to be able to fit the ebIX? acti
vities to the ebIX? budget.
The originator for the following projects, i.e. the Vendor Group, will be asked

to come up with project plans for the new projects:


*
o
*
o
o

BRS
BRS
BRS
BRS
BRS

Order Installation
Order Meter (Re-)Placement
Billing:
Billing Information for Grid Cost to Supplier
Billing Information for Installation Rent to Supplier

The proposal for a new project for BRS Smart meters/Smart grids will be handled
by EMD.
Action item III:
* The ebIX? convenors will make a prioritised list of the projects in the ebIX r
oad map, based on the ebIX? budget.
* The Vendor Group is asked to come up with project plans for BRS Order Meter (R
e-)Placement, BRS Billing Information for Grid Cost to Supplier and BRS Billing
Information for Installation Rent to Supplier.
* EMD will handle the proposal for a new project for BRS Smart meters/Smart grid
s.
10) ebIX? relationship to ENTSO-E (Marc/Kees/Vlatka)
There have been two meetings in the group working with Terms of Reference and a
changed MoU with ENTSO-E regarding a joint technical committee.
The latest status is that the ENTSO-E Marked committee has endorsed the proposal
, but that this has been questioned by ENTSO-E/WG-EDI.
Action item IV) from previous meeting will be continued.
Decisions:
* ebIX? approved the latest proposal for Terms of Reference (ToR). If changes, V
latka will distribute the updated ToR to ebIX? Forum by mail.
* The ebIX? representatives in the steering group will be Vlatka, Marc and Oscar
* The ebIX? members of the HG will continue in the new HG between ebIX? and ENTS
O-E.
Action item IV:
* ETC will find people for the common technical WG between ebIX? and ENTSO-E
* Vlatka and Kees will continue the work related to Terms of Reference and a cha
nged MoU with ENTSO-E regarding a joint technical committee.
11) Status for national ebIX? seminars or courses in Germany, the Netherlands an
d Slovenia
ebIX? is invited to participate in a 3 day seminar in Slovakia, November 24th, i
ncluding a presentation and participation in a panel. Vlatka and Kees will repre
sent ebIX? at the seminar.
Vlatka mentioned that Germany may need a seminar end of 2011. This will be discu
ssed at the next ebIX? Forum, if still valid.
The Netherlands does not see any need for a national ebIX? seminar in the near f
uture.
12) Account and budget (Marc)
Marc informed that the attached accounts do not include invoices from October an
d later, and that there is almost no more budget available for this year. This m
eans that all ebIX? activities for the rest of the year will be limited to a min

imum and that all scheduled meetings in the WGs (this year) will be cancelled.
The budget was reviewed and a revised budget for 2011 was made.
Comments to the account and agenda:
* EMD, CuS and ETC meetings in November/December 2010 will be postponed until 20
11.
* The only activities for the rest of 2010 will be the one that cannot be cancel
led, e.g. participation in the Slovenian seminar and update of ebIX? web site.
* If Slovenia joins ebIX?, we will be able to increase the prioritised budget it
ems
Decisions:
* All ebIX? activities for the rest of the year will be limited to a minimum
* All scheduled meetings in 2010 for the ebIX? WGs will be cancelled
13) Membership status (all)
Marc had received information from Slovenia that they intend entering ebIX? soon
.
14) ebIX? - international contacts and co-operations (all)
Rudolf informed that CEDEC has approved the MoU between ebIX? and CEDEC, with a
proposal for deletion of the last sentence in the MoU; The Memorandum can be ter
minated by either party after a 6 months notice.
Kees mentioned that the Dutch gas sector are showing interest in the ebIX?, EFET
and ENTSO-E Role model.
Decisions:
* The MoU between ebIX? and CEDEC was approved, including deletion of the last s
entence in the MoU. Marc will contact CEDEC for signing the MoU. Thereafter the
MoU will be put on the ebIX? web site.
15) ebIX? article for Wikipedia
The ebIX? article in Wikipedia is currently shown without any comments or errors
. The item was closed.
16) Public relations / communications / ebIX? web site
The ebIX? website is up and running and pretty well updated.
Kees and Ove will upload EMD and CuS models when available, first for comments a
nd thereafter as approved.
17) New project proposals
The proposal for new projects was handled under item 9) Roadmap for finalisation
of the current and future work (Eva, Lucy and Vlatka).
18) Next Meeting
Christian proposed to go down to one forum meeting a year. It was however decide
d to have two meetings next year.
Also KEMA offered to host a coming ebIX? Forum, e.g. in Dresden where we could v
isit a KEMA Smart metering laboratory.

Action item V:
* The ebIX? chairman (currently Marc) should contact countries that do not confi
rm participation to the ebIX? Forum
* Marc will contact Peter (A & B) asking why Austria was not represented at the
ebIX?
The next ebIX? Forum meeting will take place Friday April 29th 2011 in Denmark;
with a preceding ETC meeting Wednesday April 27th and Thursday April 28th, under
the condition that this is possible for Denmark.
19) AOB, including interesting new data exchange developments in individual coun
tries
No items
Appendix A
SUMMARY OF DECISIONS AND ACTION ITEMS
Decisions:
* The ebIX? xml transformation tools will be made available for ebIX? members an
d observers within a few weeks.
* New approval procedures proposed from ETC related to technical documents (BIMs
, CCs etc.) was approved.
* ebIX? approved the latest proposal for Terms of Reference (ToR). If changes, V
latka will distribute the updated ToR to ebIX? Forum by mail.
* The ebIX? representatives in the steering group will be Vlatka, Marc and Oscar
* The ebIX? members of the HG will continue in the new HG between ebIX? and ENTS
O-E.
* All ebIX? activities for the rest of the year will be limited to a minimum
* All scheduled meetings in 2010 for the ebIX? WGs will be cancelled
* The MoU between ebIX? and CEDEC was approved, including deletion of the last s
entence in the MoU. Marc will contact CEDEC for signing the MoU. Thereafter the
MoU will be put on the ebIX? web site.
Action item I:
* Marc will contact Eurelectric and propose to reopen the cooperation, especiall
y related to data communication for Smart metering and related changes to the Ha
rmonised role model.
Action item II:
* Maurice will send a small questionnaire to the vendors asking for their expect
ations and asking them to come up with proposals for increasing the interest in
the Vendor group.
* Everybody is asked to inform Maurice of new vendors entering the market.
* The convenors of the ebIX? is asked to ask the vendors participation in the WG
s for general information from the market and not only for information from thei
r own company.
Action item III:
* The ebIX? convenors should make a prioritised list of the projects in the ebIX
road map, based on the ebIX? budget.
* The Vendor Group is asked to come up with project plans for BRS Order Meter (R
e-)Placement, BRS Billing Information for Grid Cost to Supplier and BRS Billing
Information for Installation Rent to Supplier.
* EMD will handle the proposal for a new project for BRS Smart meters/Smart grid
s.
Action item IV:
* ETC will find people for the common technical WG between ebIX? and ENTSO-E.

* Vlatka and Kees will continue the work related to Terms of Reference and a cha
nged MoU with ENTSO-E regarding a joint technical committee.
Action item V:
* The ebIX? chairman (currently Marc) should contact countries that do not confi
rm participation to the ebIX? Forum
* Marc will contact Peter (A & B) asking why Austria was not represented at the
ebIX?
Appendix B
EBIX? MEMBERS AND OBSERVERS
Country,
Name
Peter
e-mail
Status
Tomas
peter.bauhofer@aundb.at
AT,
Non-voting
Cynthia
t.mueller@veoe.at
Patrick
cynthia.bonne@eandis.be
BE,
Vasil
patrick.dellaert@eandis.be
BG,
Christoff
vhubanov@nek.bg
Nisheeth
Christoph.Ruffing@swissgrid.ch
Rudolf
Nisheeth.Singh@swissgrid.ch
CH,
Beate
Rudolf.Baumann@swissgrid.ch
Christina
Beate_Becker@bdew.de
Nikolaus
Christina.Frein@bdew.de
Stefan
nikolaus.pleister@bdew.de
Alexander
stefan.seidel@eon-energie.com
Eva
Alexander.Pisters@rwe.com
Vlatka
eva.lepperhoff@rwe.com
DE,
Henrik
Vlatka.Cordes@rwe.com
hho@danskenergi.dk
DK,
Maiken
cco@energinet.dk
Lembit
maiken.mets@pv.energia.ee
EE,
Marko
lembit.sunt@energia.ee
FI,
Kees
Marko.Haikarainen@fingrid.fi
Maurice
kees.sparreboom@capgemini.com
Vendor
Lucy
Maurice.Adriaensen@kema.com
Marc
L.Sarkisian@tennet.org
NL,
Ove
Marc.de.Zwaan@tennet.eu
Terje
Ove.nesvik@edisys.no
terje.nilsen@nordpool.com
Jon-Egil
tor.halvorsen@nordpool.com
Ole
jon-egil.nordvik@statnett.no
Tor
ole.hoyland@statnett.no
Christian
tor.heiberg@statnett.no
NO,
Leslaw
christian.le@statnett.no
PL,
Jan
Leslaw.Winiarski@pse.pl
Oscar
Jan.Owe@svk.se
SE,
Full
Toma?
Oscar.Ludwigs@svk.se
David
Tomaz.Lah@agen-rs.si
SI,
Juraj
David.Batic@agen-rs.si
Observer
SK,
horvat_juraj@vse.sk
A&B
V?E
UMIX
ESOswissgrid
BDEW
E.ON
Lepperhoff
RWE
Danish
Energinet.dk
National
O?
Fingrid
CapGemini
KEMA
TenneT
Nesvik
EdiSys
?ge
Nord
Jacob
Bjarne
Statnett
PSE
Owe
SvK
Energy
VSE
Sparreboom
Sarkisian
de
member
Bauhofer
Mller
Hubanov
Becker
Haikarainen
Nilsen
Ludwigs
Lah
Bati?
Horvat
Baumann
Seidel
Cordes
Hornum
Mets
Snt
Jaotusv?rk
group
Winiarski
Bonne
Dellaert
Adriaensen
Zwaan
Halvorsen
Company
EAD
K.
Pleister
Pool
Nordvik
Ruffing
Frein
Pisters
Odgaard
H?yland
Hoang
member
energy
Heiberg
Agency
Singh
(TSO)
Grid
convenor
Leof the Republic of Slovenia
ISO country codes:
AT
DK
GR
PL
EE
Belgium
BE
IE
RO
BG
ES
IT
SE
CH
FI
NL
SI
DE
FR
NO
SK
Austria
Denmark
Greece
Poland
Estonia
Ireland
Romania
Bulgaria
Spain
Italy
Sweden
Switzerland
Finland
the
Slovenia
Germany
France
Norway
Slovakia
Netherlands
ebIX? Forum

Page 4

European forum for energy


Business1,
Minutes
Version
from,
Information
November
16th ebIX?
8th,
eXchange
forum meeting, November 3rd, 2010
2010
ebIX? Forum

Page: 1