You are on page 1of 9

Maturity Benchmarks Survey Sheet

School Pseudonym: Virtual Academy HS Your Name or Group Name: Jeff Iota Clearly mark the box that best represents the level of maturity achieved at your school site. Please refer to the

Policy

ADMINISTRATIVE

Planning

Budget

Administrative Information

Electronic Information

Assessment

CURRICULAR

CURRICULAR

Curricular Integration

Teacher Use Student Use Stakeholder Involvement Administrative Support

Training SUPPORT

Technical/Infrastructure Support

Local Area Networking (LAN)

District Area Networking (WAN)

Internet Access CONNECTIVITY

CONNECTIVITY

Communication Systems

New Technologies INNOVATION

Comprehensive Technologies

Maturity Benchmarks Survey Sheet


Emergent Islands Integrated Intelligent

of maturity achieved at your school site. Please refer to the behavioral

resource/infrastructure x behavioral x

resource/infrastructure

behavioral x resource/infrastructure behavioral resource/infrastructure x x x

behavioral x x

resource/infrastructure

behavioral

resource/infrastructure

x x

behavioral

x resource/infrastructure behavioral resource/infrastructure behavioral resource/infrastructure behavioral resource/infrastructure behavioral resource/infrastructure behavioral resource/infrastructure x x x x x x x x x x x

behavioral x x x x x x x

resource/infrastructure behavioral resource/infrastructure behavioral resource/infrastructure behavioral

resource/infrastructure

behavioral

resource/infrastructure

x x

x x

behavioral

resource/infrastructure x x x

behavioral resource/infrastructure

Evaluator Comments The infrastructure of the school relies on technology. The school is admistered by technology experts and systems that serve a number of schools. The administrators are "fast followers." The school administration looks at other models before adopting them and have the benefit of reviewing pilot plans and recommendations from the party that administrates the school. As this is not a brick and mortar institution, nearly all of the schools non-personnel budget is spent on technology. The budget is dynamic based on enrollment.

About 80% of the curriculum is online and the remaining 20% can be accessed or referenced online.

Most of the assessment is online. Adaptive assessment is emerging. Assessments draw on dynamic question banks.

Technology is used to deliver the curriculum however, students and teacher use is often limited to accessing the systems that deliver technology. Technology is not integrated into the curriculum inasmuch as technology delivers the curriculum. Technology use is still integrated in many areas, but it is only emerging in others.

Training programs are a cornerstone of the delivery model. The infrastructure is supported by a strong technical support team that serves multiple schools. All systems are networked All systems are networked

100% All students and all teachers have Internet access. The school pays for broadband Internet access by student. Geographic isolation limits some students to dial-up.

All teachers, students and administrators know how to use the communication systems and quickly come proficient in their use.

New technologies are adopted slowly across the school after careful consideration. However, at the classroom level, teachers experiment with new technology, often in the form of computer software. The computer hardware does not change often, but software programs and process innovations are common.